Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's black and white and red all over?

A Kindle cover for my friend Lynn. The pattern by Sherry Cowley was in the January "Quilter's Home" magazine. It was easy to make. Hope it fits a Kindle. I don't have one to test with. Boo.

I made it with the optional pocket. In the magazine, there were reading glasses in the pocket, but isn't the beauty of an eReader that you can make the point size as big as you need it to be?

I love this fabric. It wasn't the fabric I'd planned to use. The fabric I'd planned to use said "Lynn" to me more than this, but I couldn't find it. I'd set the fabric aside with the pattern, and then when I went to make this I could find only the fabric for the inside. I searched for an hour, pulling fabric stacks from the shelves, digging through UFO drawers and various other places I keep fabric. Finally I gave up and picked this because it kept with my color joke and the present was going to be late anyway, but needn't be that late. Then after I cut this out, I found my original fabric. I really should have learned by now that any time I put something in a special place so I don't lose it, I will not find it until I've given up looking!

If you are looking for a good read might I suggest "The Ghost Trap" by K. Stephens? Although after reading that and "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger in tandem, I needed something light. "Ella Minnow Pea" by Mark Dunn and now "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" seem to be fitting the bill. Both are humorous and written in epistle. The later reminds me of "84 Charing Cross Road," which I read ages ago and loved.