Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Adding to the stash ... again

Didn't find the same cornerstone fabric, but found something that will work. I searched the Internet for a couple hours after I got home from the quilt shops and figured out the fabric I used was Pepper Pistachio from Momo's Wonderland (that took awhile) and it isn't available any more. Oh well.

While looking for a cornerstone substitute, I found these adorable Halloween fabrics from Minick & Simpson. I don't normally make holiday themed things, but the pumpkin stripe (which I see now I have covered up in the photo) reminded me of my Japanese penpal. I will make her a little table topper, and if I start now, I have a chance of finishing and mailing it to her in time.

When I didn't find the cornerstone fabric in the first shop I went to, I had to go to another. In both shops, I was distracted by the first bolts of fabric I saw as I walked in! The two on the left are new from Clothworks, which I found at the first shop. The purple floral from P& B was found at the second shop. I love the colors. No idea what I'll do with these. I just hope when I figure it out, I will have enough.

Everything's being washed now so I can get some sewing done this afternoon.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Anne Marie. Just love your green cornerstones - it makes your blocks sing! Don't you just hate it when you run out of the "perfect" fabric? Athough your new substitute is an excellent match.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It is lovely to meet new quilting friends!
I look forward to seeing more of your quilts. Best regards, Kate