Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Deja vu all over again

The other day I was looking at my Fons and Porter magazine and saw this top quilt in an ad for one of their books. I thought to myself, "I like that. It looks pieced not appliqued. I wonder how hard it would be. I should make a quilt like that."

And then I spent the weekend at my sister's to see my nieces in their dance recital. (Ten year olds in in a tribute to Bob Fosse is not to be missed.) I walked into one of their bedrooms to drop off my suitcase and saw this quilt that I made. Yes, I made it. Not so very long ago. A few years. And yes, it's pieced not appliqued. And the pattern apparently wasn't that hard because the quilt is finished.

I'm crossing this off my to do list. Again.

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

See you made it in the reverse of what the picture showed, so that is why you didn't quite remember. But it shows you still like that pattern if you were going to make it again.

I am glad to see there are others out there that can see a photo, and make a quilt from it, that is what I do, all the time.

Guess it is all in the name :D

liz said...

So funny! That was the quickest quilt ever.