Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Small pieces, large obsession

I saw this book mentioned on a blog in early summer (but can't remember where now) and was so taken by the cover quilt that I had the book in my hot little hands a few days later.

This is just a quarter of one of the four blocks. A sixteenth of a quilt. And it's big! Each block is nearly 40 inches square.

I have been happily digging through scraps cutting them into wedges for the arcs and piecing a bit here and there while I tried to stay focused on finishing that last top. I may not have as many lights as darks, and I'll have to wait until I have more sections done to see if that will be a problem. Although it requires applique, the amount should be manageable even for me!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I have that book too and love the quilt. May never make it but I shall be pleased to see your progress on it. It looks pretty good from where I am sitting.

Jan said...

Yes, the book is great, as is the first one that came out a couple of years ago. I'm only dreaming of making the cover quilt, so it will be fun to follow you making this one.

Pattyskypants said...

Cool! Can't wait to see what happens! xxoo Patty