Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Yes, another pink baby quilt!

41 x 41 inches.
The baby quilt was for one of the neighbors. I had the top done ages ago, but with all the work travel this year, I hadn't gotten around to quilting it. Then a For Sale sign popped up in their yard, and I had the motivation I needed!


The backing is a soft pink minky. A little slippery to work with and did it shed when cut! I was covered in pink bits for days, but I'd use it again because I think babies will love the feel. I do.



The quilt was based on the pink fabric from my stash. The pattern is one of my own that I've made before, which leaves large areas of the focus fabric visible. The colors for the rail fence and star blocks are taken from the colors in the focus fabric: blue, teal, yellow and red. An odd combination, but a happy one.


For the quilting, I used the zigzag stitch from this quilt, and quilted a grid of horizontal and vertical lines.


All fabric from the stash and scrap basket except for the backing.