Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

1718 Coverlet progress

Slowly plugging away at this quilt. I can't believe I've stuck with it. Maybe because it would be too much work to put the blocks back in the right order if I took it down. .


I finally finished the center block. It was excruciating: time consuming and fiddly. And I'd been putting it off so it seemed to take even longer to get it done! Those 8-pointed stars in the corners are 4-inches. Each one seemed to take a full day to make. Not perfect, but done now, and I'm moving on!


Crappy photos because it's not sunny here and isn't going to be for days. Got some movies from the library and I plan to spend some quality time with this project today.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow! This looks like an amazing quilt, with lots and lots of detail. So much to look at. It's looking great, even the stars you think aren't perfect, and will be beautiful when you're finished.

I especially like those four little blocks at the corners of the large center block. Are they hand-stitched pieces, applique, paper-pieced, or put together in some other way?

It's interesting to me how long projects seem to take when I hesitate or procrastinate (for whatever reason). Sometimes I could have finished the project in the time it took me to work up the energy/courage/desire to finish. It makes the finish take twice as long.

What good movies are you watching? Someone just recommended to me the British series "House of Eliot." I haven't started it yet but I understand it involves fabric....

--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)