Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another top waits to be quilted

Zach's Sort of Bargello is really a lot brighter than it appears. 52" x 52"

Zach's quilt is done. Minus the back. I did make binding though. Now I can toss it in the pile with the other four waiting to be quilted and get started on the baby quilts for the twins. I like the top-making process lots more than the machine quilting process. Hand quilting? I think not. I've been hand quilting the same wall hanging for years, and most of these latest tops are baby quilts that I would prefer not to give to these kids' kids.

The twin's nursery has blue walls and is decorated in monkeys. Two hours of surfing the Internet and I found this Michael Miller flannel of monkeys playing in the water. Isn't it cute. Would have prefered it wasn't flannel because the babies will be in Atlanta, but it was the cutest monkey fabric I could find. And in person, it's even cuter. I found a block called Monkey Wrench that is not the traditional version. It's more of a snail's trails block. I'm thinking light and dark blues and browns in that pattern with the flannel for the border.