Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Top done!

The top is all put together. Boy, does that take a long time! Always longer than I expect. I try to piece in groups of blocks, like four patches and nine patches, instead of in rows because the shorter seams make the assembly go faster. At least it seems that way to me. All those long row seams are so tedious.

Not sure how to quilt it or what to do about binding. Maybe a knife-edge binding? Or if regular binding, then scraps of the block fabric or the text fabric used for the half-square triangles. Decisions, decisions.

5 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Looks absolutely stunning...an immense amount of sewing but well worth it. You must be thrilled. I am a terrible procrastinator with binding...good luck!

liz said...

Couldn't agree more with cardygirl. I am so pleased you finished the top. You know I am going to suggest that gorgeous green for the binding. I can't get too much of it! Quilting pattern is the hardest step for me.

Ann Marie said...

Wow I just did a quilt along with Bonnie Hunter called Roll Roll Cotton Boll, and this is half of the quilt blocks! The other half is string blocks. I am still working on all the string blocks and all those HST!

Maureen said...

This top is gorgeous! Have fun deciding on the quilting - there are so many options!

Sujata said...

Super fabulous!