Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Close to another finish

I found this wall hanging, layered and pin basted, waiting to be quilted. I'm not sure how long it has been a finished top. Maybe 10 years? It probably hasn't been basted that long though.

29 x 29 inches.
I machine quilted a grid in the border, and I think I'll hand quilt the center part. Usually I make the binding when I finish the top, but I couldn't find any for this one. (I keep the bindings together in a drawer with a list of the quilt tops they go with.) It will be a narrow dark green to echo the border around the applique, but the width of the pale blue flange in the border.

My friend had a few leftover blocks from a project, and I really liked the fabrics and colors so she let me have them. I designed the wall hanging around those 12 small blocks, which form the corners of the outer border. I can't remember now if I based the applique design on a carpet or a fabric. I think a carpet. Like I said it's been 10 years (maybe more) since I put this together so the details are a bit fuzzy.