Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Two small finishes

I machine quilted the Cascadia mystery quilt.


Sketched a plan in chalk and dove in. Straight lines through the on-point squares, and a zig zag through the straight squares. No time at all to a finish.


Then I dug out the earlier doll quilt I made from Lori's blog, which has been languishing for close to three years (!) and machine quilted it too. That also didn't take long. One night to quilt and add the binding. Then I hand stitched the binding down the next day.

19 1/2 x 25 3/4 inches.
 I love this quilt. I don't know why it took me so long to finish it. I'd better rummage through the top pile and see if there's another quick finish waiting while I still have the walking foot on my machine.


Quilted in a grid pattern following the seam lines of the pieced blocks.