Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Switching gears

Triangle Love, 69 x 84
Top is done. The pattern is Chopsticks, which I changed a bit by using a single fabric where she has multiple fabrics and using multiple colors where she has a solid. I wanted to highlight that Marcia Derse fabric that is fabulous in person but does not photograph well. My version also has a different number of blocks and rows than the pattern.
And when I was almost done putting it together I thought, "I should have oriented the rows up and down." Maybe next time.
Then I completely switched gears in terms of scale and color and started Lori's doll-quilt quilt-along Pink Lemonade. I'm working on Part 2 (the half blocks). This is such a fun project. I'm going back to it right now and put off making the binding and backing for the triangle quilt!